27 September 2016
AW-Energy is awarded ISO 9001:2015 certification for its management system
AW-Energy, the developer of the world-leading WaveRoller® wave energy technology, receives ISO 9001:2015 certification as a demonstration of its quality management level.
The ISO 9001:2015 standard is based on a number of quality management principles including a strong customer focus, the motivation and implication of top management, the process approach and continual improvement. The standard provides guidance and tools to ensure that the management system consistently meets the customer’s requirements, and that quality is consistently improved.
AW-Energy’s Quality Manager Jarno Hakulinen says: “The level of management at AW-Energy has always been high. By adhering to the principles in the ISO 9001:2015 standard we can improve the consistency of our operations and make sure that we can produce good quality products and services systematically. Everyone at AW-Energy is committed to high quality, which is essential for our customers and our business overall.”
“DNV-GL has audited our management system and has found it to conform to the quality management system standard ISO 9001:2015 for the supply and development of wave energy converters.”
The ISO 9001:2015 certification is another step in demonstrating the high quality of AW-Energy operations. In July this year, Lloyd’s Register awarded a Technology Qualification certificate to AW-Energy as a confirmation that the company follows a standardized goal-based approach to design and development.
- December 2016European Commission lists FOAK as prime example of H2020 funding
- November 2016AW-Energy NewsReel NOV 2016
- October 2016AW-Energy and WaveRoller in EIB's "40 years in Portgual" Anniversary Video
- September 2016AW-Energy is awarded ISO 9001:2015 certification for its management system
- September 2016New ground modelling method for WaveRoller sites by LR
- July 2016Lloyd’s Register awards the first Technology Qualification Certificate for ocean energy to WaveRoller®