18 May 2017
CEO John Liljelund Presents Second Prize of Environmental Videoclip Contest at Embassy of Mexico
The Embassy of Mexico organized Mexico and Finland Together for the Environment Videoclip Contest in which Middle School students presented proposals on how both countries could work side-by-side in favor of our environment.
Three winning students participated in an award ceremony held at the Official Residence of the Ambassador of Mexico in Lauttasaari, Helsinki. First prize was awarded to Veera Melvasalo for her video “The Lungs of the Earth” (a.k.a What is important) by the Finnish Minister for Housing, Energy and the Environment Kimmo Tiilikainen. AW-Energy Oy CEO John Liljelund presented the second prize to Jules Cissac for his piece “Finland and Mexico Together for the Environment”.
"It’s always an honor to be a part of the environmental endeavors of the next generation. The optimistic and practicable visions of these youngsters will surely serve as inspiration to all of us", says Liljelund.
You can watch the three winning videoclips here.
The Mexico and Finland Together for the Environment Videoclip Contest is a part of the official Suomi100 program on the occasion of the Centenary of Finnish Independence as well as the celebration of the 80th anniversary of Mexican-Finnish diplomatic relations.
Picture: Top row: Ari Mäki, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland, Minister Kimmo Tiilikainen, Embassador of Mexico Norma Pensado, Finland100 Embassador Pekka Huhtaniemi and AW-Energy Oy CEO John Liljelund
Bottom row: Jules Cissac (2nd place), Veera Melvasalo (1st place), Sofia Korkkinen (3rd place) and Finnair Manager of Sustainable Development Kati Ihamäki.
- September 2017WaveRoller® Partners with Wärtsilä in Commercial Roll-Out on EPC Basis
- September 2017AW-Energy and Queen’s University Belfast to Cooperate in MaRINET2
- August 2017Lloyd’s Register Issues WaveRoller® the First Design Appraisal Certificate in the Wave Energy Industry
- August 2017WavEC Offshore Renewables Conducted Biofouling Tests at AW-Energy’s site in Peniche
- July 2017WaveRoller Animation Demonstrates Operation Principles
- June 2017PTO Passed One Year’s Rough Weather Milestone