31 August 2017
Lloyd’s Register Issues WaveRoller® the First Design Appraisal Certificate in the Wave Energy Industry
WaveRoller® leads the way in certified wave energy technology as Lloyd’s Register has conducted and approved a detailed design review of the device.
The Design Appraisal Certificate guarantees that the WaveRoller® design adheres to predetermined codes and standards regarding safety, functionality and reliability. To receive the Certificate, AW-Energy has submitted its design documents to LR engineer’s scrutiny.
- We are proud to say the design of WaveRoller® components and technology meets set requirements and standards, both in design and documentation. Everyone in the certification team has done exceptional work, says AW-Energy Certification Manager Tuula Mäki.
The Design Appraisal Certificate is a part of AW-Energy’s technology certification plan which is building up to the LR Fitness for Service Certificate.
WaveRoller® first to achieve current level of certification
WaveRoller® is now the first wave energy technology to achieve this level of certification. Certified technology is an undeniable asset in the developing industry.
- Credibility and bankability are at the core of our values. Talk is cheap so we want our partners and customers to know we can deliver what we promise, emphasizes AW-Energy CEO John Liljelund.
One of the AW-Energy customers recognizing the value of a certified product and procedures is Ireland’s leading sustainable energy company ESB International.
- We require a specific level of certification from our partners as we believe certified technology is the key to exploiting our ocean energy resource. Therefore, we are encouraged to see AW-Energy reach this important milestone, says Conor Cooney, Technology Manager for the Westwave project, from ESB Innovation’s Technology Innovation Unit.
The next step is to certify the manufacturing of WaveRoller® which validates that industry best practices are met in our processes.
- It has been our set strategy from the beginning to validate our technology with a prestigious external partner. Lloyd’s Register has been and will continue to be a perfect match for us in certifying WaveRoller® technology, Liljelund concludes.
- September 2017WaveRoller® Partners with Wärtsilä in Commercial Roll-Out on EPC Basis
- September 2017AW-Energy and Queen’s University Belfast to Cooperate in MaRINET2
- August 2017Lloyd’s Register Issues WaveRoller® the First Design Appraisal Certificate in the Wave Energy Industry
- August 2017WavEC Offshore Renewables Conducted Biofouling Tests at AW-Energy’s site in Peniche
- July 2017WaveRoller Animation Demonstrates Operation Principles
- June 2017PTO Passed One Year’s Rough Weather Milestone