24 May 2017
WaveRoller® Featured at the Clean Energy Technology Exhibition in Beijing – CEO Liljelund Gives Presentation at CEM8 Innovation Theater
AW-Energy’s WaveRoller® project is featured at the Clean Energy Technology Exhibition held 6-8 June 2017 in Beijing, China. The exhibition takes place in connection with the eighth Clean Energy Ministerial, CEM8. AW-Energy CEO John Liljelund also gives a presentation at the CEM8 opening event.
AW-Energy’s WaveRoller® project will be prominently featured at the eighth Clean Energy Ministerial. CEO of AW-Energy Oy John Liljelund will give a presentation on wave energy, the WaveRoller® and its vast potential at the CEM8 opening event, Innovation Theater, on June 7th.
- WaveRoller® is a true masterpiece of creativity using state of the art technology and the leader in an emerging industry of wave energy. It’s quite a distinction to be invited as a speaker at such an esteemed podium, says Liljelund.
WaveRoller® at CEM8 Clean Energy Technology Exhibiton
A miniature of the WaveRoller® device built with LEGO bricks, sized at 0,5m x 0,5m, is set to showcase the pioneering innovation and represent green energy technology at the Clean Energy Technology Exhibition’s European Union exhibition stand. The exhibition brings together companies and organizations from around the world showcasing their innovative clean energy technologies, products and business models.
- We are honored to cooperate with the EU Comission in this exhibition. Wave energy is the largest untapped resource of renewable energy and as such should get all the attention possible. The good news is the change is already underway as the first commercial WaveRoller® projects are currently developed in Asia, Europe as well as the Americas, says CEO of AW-Energy Oy John Liljelund.
The LEGO miniature along with information of the ready for commercial roll-out device is expected to raise awareness and generate interest in the clean and scalable wave energy solution.
- In our view, LEGO® promotes creating entirely new models with little in common with the building instructions that come with the sets. A similar approach has inspired our team all along the development path and given all of us something that has an amazing potential to shape the energy mix towards a more sustainable future, Liljelund concludes.
CEM and Mission Innovation
The Clean Energy Ministerial aims to ensure and precipitate the deployment of clean energy technologies and solutions available today. CEM is a partnership of 22 of the world’s largest economies and the European Union working together to accelerate the global transition to clean energy.
Mission Innovation is a global initiative of 22 countries and the European Union to dramatically accelerate global clean energy innovation that leads to widely affordable clean energy.
AW-Energy is a pioneer in the green economy and is the global leader in wave energy technology. Its flagship product, WaveRoller, is a submerged wave energy converter based on a hinged panel that is attached to the sea bed in the near shore area. It generates electricity from the movement of the waves (surge phenomenon) and is connected to the electric grid onshore. The company is based in Finland, and operates in multiple continents cooperates with strong industrial partners including e.g. Lloyd's Register, Wärtsilä, DCNS and DNV-GL. The company employs a highly professional and efficient team that manages a network of over 100 engineers and technical staff. It is backed by Fortum, a leading European utility company, Aura Capital, Sitra and European Investment Bank.
Interview and information requests:
+358 44 0522 938
- June 2017PTO Passed One Year’s Rough Weather Milestone
- May 2017WaveRoller® Featured at the Clean Energy Technology Exhibition in Beijing – CEO Liljelund Gives Presentation at CEM8 Innovation Theater
- May 2017CEO John Liljelund Presents Second Prize of Environmental Videoclip Contest at Embassy of Mexico
- May 2017Wärtsilä provides its marine technology expertise to new wave energy project
- December 2016European Commission lists FOAK as prime example of H2020 funding
- November 2016AW-Energy NewsReel NOV 2016